Well after I took the quilt apart and re-organized everything (thinking I had miss marked something) and sewing it back together guess what SAME PROBLEM! Went over the pattern with a fine tooth comb and marked the lay out with a number/letter system for each piece.... The pattern was wrong.
I took apart just a couple of sections of the quilt top ( I was NOT taking the whole thing apart again) and fixed it. That's not the way I like to do things BUT!
Well I have everything done now except the last border.... I can't wait for it to be done.
The worst thing is this quilt is the 1st project I am making for a local quilt shop as a shop model and wanted my best work to show. I did let them know about the pattern error and that I hope it meets with their standards. I think sometimes it shows when a quilt has been ripped and resewed and ripped and resewed. I did feel better when they told me another quilter who was doing another shop model for them had the same problem.... SAME PATTERN COMPANY but different pattern.
I will try to take a picture and post.
Monday, June 18, 2012
Sunday, June 17, 2012
I have spent several hours unsewing about 2/3s of a quilt. Not at all how I wanted to spend my night. And I was soooo proud of how the quilt was coming together. THEN I find I don't have the block sets I need but have several block sets in the wrong color way avail. Not sure where I got off track. BUT I now have every little tiny thing marked and have the pattern grid also marked so I hope I don't go crazy again. I will post photo when I have the top done.
Monday, June 11, 2012
|Well I'm going to try again to get back on the BLOG WAGON.|
|Here are a few of my recent projects.|
|Pillowcases I made for a co-worker's twins. School colors|
|Tablerunner made with the Twister Ruler.|
|Pillowcase to go with a quilt I made at a quilt retreat. Quilt picture coming soon.|
|Aprons made at retreat out of old jeans. I'm in the middle.|